Thursday, November 12, 2020

Yes, I am afraid!!

 

Yes, I am afraid,

That when my daughter-in-law will come,
My son will not give enough importance to me,
And he will listen and be defined by her.
 
Yes, I am afraid, 
That my thoughts and my beliefs, 
Will never be taken ahead, 
In the precise manner I do or believe in.
 
Yes, I am afraid, 
That I would not have enough money,
As a result, things would not be in my control,
As it is there today when I am earning it.
 
Yes, I am afraid, 
The taste of my son would change, 
And it would be different from what he likes today,
And worst he might not even like what I make. 
                     
But, If I believe in these things and be afraid, 
Would not I be denying the happiness a person brings,
Would not I be giving too much importance to me, 
My beliefs, My thoughts, my culture, my desires.
 
Yes, I would be doing exactly that, 
Then why not chill and relax,
Wishing that whoever comes in his life, 
Treats all of us with Love and respect.
 
More than this values him,
And together they build a beautiful path,
And walk hand in hand forever... And ever,
Taking care of each other throughout.
                             

By 
Tulika Jyoti Vardhan.
12/11/20


No comments: